Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Glory of Mowing a Lawn


Nature is by far, awesome! Just take a look for yourself!



Which is why I love enjoying it, especially when a sax is playing like mad in the background (watch the video).

For the first time in a long time, I got to mow the lawn, not my parent’s lawn, but actually my neighbor’s lawn, and it was not even my duty, usually my brothers take care of it (I have four younger brothers, one is on a mission in Paraguay, but the other three tend to do it). One had prom today, another has a film to make for class, and the other one is sick. So I got to quickly mow a lawn and make an easy $20 in about an hour. If only my job could be that easy right?

The smell of the gas as it fills the gas tank is so overpowering, tempting anyone to take a bigger whiff, but don’t because that could really just mess you up man. The strength that is required to jerk back that cord to start the engine definitely makes you feel like a man, and the smell of the fresh grass as it is cut just proves that there is something special between a man and his lawn . . . or his neighbor’s lawn. Look, it is just fun to mow the lawn, especially since I did it all the time when I was a kid and it has been a long time since the last time I have done it, it is nostalgia man. There is nothing better than trying to make a perfect straight line from pass to pass on the lawn so to make it a perfectly symmetrical lawn. It is like synchronized swimming, only manly!

It is just so great to mow a lawn and make it perfect, to feel the breeze on your face as the warm spring sun beats down on you. And once you’re done with all the green grass stains getting collecting on your shoes, the man gives you a nice green bill of mola. Oh yeah, mowing the lawn is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment